Thursday, June 07, 2007

thursdays child is richard eichman


the questions...


1. firstly tell us about your self. Surreal or absurd or the bare boned truth.
2. So then, why blogging? And do you see blogging as an art form?
3. who are your influences? be they musical, philosophers, sculptures, painters whatever/whoever? Tell.
4. how do you spend your days?
5. how do you see society 100 hundred years from now? Better or worse?
6. does art have any influence over society?
7. is there any point in protest?
8. does your vote count or is it all a waste of time?
9. who is your favourite all time band/group?
10. would you do it with a poodle?


the answers...
1) I think too much, which means I have a lot of ideas but I also worry far too much. But then worrying is a good way of burning off excess calories. If you want to stay thin, develop a neurosis

2) I would say it is. Immediate, uncensored, as personal or as cold and distant as you need it to be. In many ways its an extremely "pure" form of expression, and by pure I mean honest. All other definitions of purity make me feel nauseous

3) Philosophically; Friederich Nietzsche, Jean-Paul Sartre, Albert Camus...anything nihilistic. I love nihilism.
Artistically; Robert Rauschenberg, Francis Bacon, Sylvia Plath, Edvard Munch, William Burroughs to name but a few. The list grows day by day

4) Every day is just like any other. Unless it isn't

5) Society as it is now is fucked. We had our chance and we blew it. We need to wipe all this shit away, start from scratch, and next time think long and hard about what we consider to be important. World leaders are bringing this event closer to us than I would like

6) I'm a believer in the whole "feedback" theory relating to art. If you want to change society with your art, you need to try and break that loop, do something special to fuck up the polarity. Art is a weapon if you know what you're doing

7) It's your intrinsic right as a human being to protest against anything you feel is wrong and threatens your humanity. If you give up that right for any reason, you are no longer human. We need to stay human

8) I have never voted. What we call democracy, isn't. It's the second biggest lie in this world after God. I don't give my permission for another person to tell me how to live my life

9) If you were to ask me at gunpoint I would probably say Pink Floyd. But please don't

10) Fuck it, no. Eat it, probably. Cut it in half and pickle it in formaldehyde, how boring

No comments: