to all those people who are members of discharge BUT who i haven't sent the details of how to get onto the myspace discharge site, then PLEASE CONTACT cocaine jesus via e-mail and i will send you the detail so that you can start posting bulletins and stuff.
i have writen one hell of a 'song'/poem (one a later day sex pistols might be proud of) that is a little bit abrasive and a tad 'wrong'. it was designed to provoke interest. a shame that i cannot put it to music as it would sound grand!
(i know, my head is getting too big for my shoulders but i think that you will agree it is good for the purpose it is intended for) perhaps i should post it onto the blog site as saved so that you can read it before i just go ahead and send it out as a bulletin?
4 comments:
fucking right, CJ!
hey, we anarchoid-types always reserve a special place in our heart for the "wrong uns," right?
*grinz*
CJ, sing the thing, make an MP3 of it, mail it to me, and I'll put music to it.
Oh, and I'm for posting what you like on Discharge myspace - bulletins, blogs, whatever. Seeking everyone's agreement in each case would be against the spirit of Discharge, and, quite frankly, a monolithic pain in the arse. That's my vote. Others might disagree.
One thing, though, myspace is more restrictive than blogger. They will delete the site if you post nudity, copyrighted stuff, or anything too full-on - profanity, etc. I had a pic deleted by them recently - one could very vaguely see a pair of breasts on it. Fair enough, I thought - as they say, they do have 14 year olds on there. I deleted everything else which might fall foul of their rules. Persistent offenders will get their accounts deleted - so that's worth bearing in mind. For me, this is all fine: it's a free site, and there are young people on there. It's easy for me to avoid problems - as nudity isnot a strong element in what I do. Others might have to think about this. Anything I think might be more controversial, I just post either on blogger or don't post at all. I suspect blogger is same - it's just that Discharge is one of millions of sites; so it's can't see wood for trees. I'm ideologically against censorship - as an imperative; but there's practicality, too. Myspace is free, blogger is free. Part of the reason one uses any technology is overcoming the challenge of its inherent or assumed limitations.
murmurists>>> i would love to create music with you. not sure i can do what you need but will try. basically what i had in mind was a song that starts with a cascading sort of syth/sequencer type bass drive. much like the Who's 'won't get fooled again' intro but more bassy and with more muscle. then, bear with me please, a series of backward taped guitars with an infrequent, fractured, disloacted voices speaking. the voices fade out as the words/singing come in.
the bass/synth'guitar background continues with the voice over the top and with these intermitent blasts of voices.
the vocal piece would only be short and the ending could quite easily be freeform. much like bowie and eno did on low.
as for censorship, i too dislike it but understand the rules. i think if we maintain our link from the myspace site toour blogsite(s) then this should negate and comply with any censorship rules from the TOM at myspace sets and looks out for.
my thoughts on team memebers doing their own thing is the same as inviting people on without an editor or leader. they are all adults and are big enough and intelligent enough to do the 'right' thing.
sounds like a great song, hope it gets made
Post a Comment