HELP IS NEEDED BY KEK-W.....
Fellow Dischargians - another request for assistance....I need a small drawing or painting (rather than a digital manipulation) of a horse or a horse's head for a CD-based project that I'm doing, where the packaging is themed around horses...
I'm looking for a simple image of a horse...it can be naively drawn or realistic, don't mind which, but it would need to be easily reproduced (maybe even photocopied, so black and white might be easiest) to keep my production costs down to a minimum as I can't afford any sort of glossy printing - even my computer printer doesn't work lol...so maybe something in pen/ink, felt-tip, paints, watercolours, whatever, as long as the image is clear and faily smallish and copies easily and cleanly, I guess....(it would need to occupy or reduce down to about 4 and a half inches by 4 and a half inches square)......the original thought I had was one of those slightly cheesy pictures of horses you find in craft shops or card shops done by a local 'animal artist'....a friend was going to do a stencil piece for me, but couldn't find the right image/angle in the end....I think I'm looking for something that's Naive or Art Brut-ish or schizophrenic/outsider art or maybe just slightly 'wrong' in some way....seems to me that Discharge was staring me in the face all along....
I might need more than one image, another for the back of the packaging, or maybe an insert...I could do it myself, but I'd really like to use some different people for this....to relinquish control and allow some other vibes to come into this from outside itself....
So if any of you could help me out that would be fabulous...
Cheers! Kek
7 comments:
I might be able to help in a rather abstract way. i work with designers and printers and if you need some reasonably good quality print done I think I could get it done, if not for free (perhaps?)certainly for dirt cheap.
Let me know.
Cool! Thanks, CJ - I'll bare that in mind.
And thanks for posting request for help!
The packaging is prob. going to be fairly lo-fi/homemade - was thinking of hand-dying some fold-out card/envelopes and hand-sticking pics on....but I'm open to any suggestions here...
Cheers!
hey cj/kek i'll keep my eyes open but in the meantime i have these you might be interested in I can cut them down a bit and make them black and white or if you wanted to to do it yourself you could if you think it fits.
I posted them on d4 a while back
http://dudeee.deviantart.com/art/Horsee-76180868
http://dudeee.deviantart.com/art/Horsys-76180753
have one
feel free ;)
Awww, bless ya!
i shall learn to find my way here more often...i dont do animal drawings, sorry..and i'm probably late to help you Kek but maybe i can still give you an address and an idea just in case or for future references...
http://karenswhimsy.com/horse-silhouette.shtm
here you find basic b&w horse silhouettes. you can trace them or any other you can find in internet if you put a sheet of paper on the computer screen(while your printer doesn't work)..then give it to your kids to interpret it...kids do wonders, real 'mad' art..
best luck!
Tictac - it's never too late lol! I'm working at sub-glacial speeds, so the project is creeping forward at the speed of slug...many thanks for your help here, T (and to all of you) - it's much appreciated!
Post a Comment