Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thursday 30th July 2008

My take on the coming's and going's of discharge.

discharge is organic. It always has been. Right from the moment it first started. People have come and people have gone. The only difference with the current discharge is that it is now decentralised - and bloody good job it is too. I cannot see any reason for taking/deleting anyone off just because they no longer post.

It is of course sad to hear that Kek-W, Robert and Junior are no longer going to post, or at least for the forseable future, and, as I indicated, I am no longer able to post as I used to BUT, I have no intention of leaving just retiring to the background.

Kek-W has been such a creative asset to this site with his absurd eye and sureal vision. I will miss him BUT, who knows, he may return at some other time? Anyone know the difference between me and Kek? One single W. He lives in Wessex and I live in Essex!

Robert, the man who has contributed so much; the man who virtually single-handed built the myspace site. What a talented and big hearted individual. You may not be posting any more but pal, you ain't going anywhere!

Junior: One of the longest serving of our team whose art and words have graced this site for nigh on two years. Your work and lips will be missed! (The photo I mean!)

I want to pass the chores of 'anti-editor over to someone else so that they can push discharge forward. Reverse Metal needs a regular update if only monthly. The myspace site has been let to go to waste, it really needs some input and I haven't had time to do it.

I propose that anyone who wants to take on the chores puts there name forward here and then the rest of the team can vote. From that point on maybe a rotating 'anti-editor' can then take on the role every six months or so?

Aaron, Jaie, Jaan seem obvious choices but hell, anyone who wants can put themselves forward.

discharge needs to keep evolving. It is one hell of a place: one hell of a concept but it needs looking after and that includes maintaining Reverse Metal and myspace discharge.

Over to you guys....

14 comments:

Aaron Held said...

Hey I don't mind helping with the myspace profile, and I put my name out for the "anti-moderator" when the time comes... the rotation moderator idea songs like the best idea to me.

And peace/love to kek, rob, and junior!

Aaron Held said...

sounds* haha

Robert said...

id be willing to be the myspace curator

id still need access to the blogspot blog to post stuff on there

lemme know

I am not Kek-w said...

And peace to you guys too!

Yeah, evolution is the word. This place needs to keep rolling onwards and keep changing...

cocaine jesus said...

so far Aaron Held and Robert, any more for any more?

Anonymous said...

this is puRfect!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aaron Held said...

i've added some pictures to the my space, a video, a few blogs. I'll be doing it more often maybe going back further in year and find some lost treasures for the pics and blogs.

Robert said...

ill keep adding us some friends

and try to remember to take some stuff from the blogspot blog to post every so often, too :)

cocaine jesus said...

When I said or rather suggested Aaron to be the 'anti-editor' it was partly because I am too busy to contribute much time to discharge but it was also because Robert, the REAL force behind the myspace site had said he, like me, had just about done all he could on the blog site. I took Robert's statement to mean that he was leaving. I think that I was wrong and that Robert will continue, albeit not on the blog site, to contribute to the myspace site. I think that this is best. I also think Aaron should get more involved there too as should anyone who wants to.

Robert, you made the myspace site work and it would be mean spirited of me, or anyone else come to that, to suggest you should not remain as the curator.

Aaron, I think that you should, if you want, maintain the incredible output of ideas that seems to flow from you. Post them of blog discharge and myspace but also, design the next phase of discharge. discharge 5 (The Saint Peters Working Institute). Design the look and keep the pace going as only you can.

Does anyone else think these ideas are worthy?

murmurists said...

As I said in a rcent mail to you, CJ, I don't see why anyone who isn't able to contribute heavily or regularly should now be excluded. So, I agree: come one, come all - as an experiment. I do think you being more present as a hub in times past led to great focus and possibly meant that the quality remained consistent. Total democracy (as it were) may just lead to a dip in quality, as well as chaos of an undesireable kind. I'm voting for surrendering D5 to that experiment, however. As I said in that same mail, for me, Aaron would be a great choice for some kind of hub-like role - as he is a consistent poster and seemingly on-line even more than I am! Robert - great that you look to be handling the myspace. Stick with Discharge, mate. Wouldn't be the same without you. If you like, I'll commit to do a monthly Reverse Metal commentary. But I cannot in all honesty do anything else. If all agree, I'd be ok with offering some kind of overview once a month. I'd be just as happy for someone else to do so, though; I offer as I don't want to see that element of the blog wither away. Kek - WTF! Get your arse back here, matey! No need to formally leave. Even I haven't done that, and I've not posted anything worth looking at for lots of months, I'm sure. Kek - Discharge is like Royston Vasey: leaving isn't an option!

Anonymous said...

Rob,
I'm happy you picked myspace discharge4
activity! Thank you.!

Jaie said...

hi everyone,

I would like to thank those who have left comments, here. what is happening? Some have left, let them, not loose the ability to post- should they find the desire- should a revelation strike them blinded by such a white light inside the mind-should they remember-i am one to leave the party at the best bit and look back with fond memories. bless you guys. so much talent- and humor-

as for the runnings-

i dont have much to say.

Aaron Held said...

I put my name out there in hoping maybe if i do this i might kick some responsibility into my brain, haha murmurist is right i am probably online more then him but i don't much at all so maybe i need to challenge myself a little and stop being so lazy, i love discharge I've grown comfortable here, and really like this whole idea, i would really like to help out with the anti-editor but for things like writing the updates, murmurist is perfect i am pretty bad with words but will fill the duty when needed.

and about the d5 look...

I think it should be all of us(who give ashit) in on this so.. guys and girls what direction do you want to go? any input would be nice. I've already thought of some people who i might ask to help with the look but i really would like everyone to get in on it not just the few that check and comment here, I don't want to jump the gun, things will come together in time but please do not hesitate to say..