Sunday, May 03, 2009

May 2009

Dear all,

Wonderful extensions to our cyber offerings lately...PDF files filling in-boxes. For my own chapbook, I'm going to produce a DVD of Discharge films. It's early days for the detail-hungry - as it is Doriandra's turn to chapbook us next; but I can say these will be so-called short-films, and need not be made exclusively for the project. As such, I don't envisage a constricting theme of any kind.

Lazare, I'd like you to design the physical artwork, please, if you are interested - using material from those weird DVD stills you make. Let me know - cheers.

Anyone who is interested in having their work included, please let me know here, and we can discuss via email.

Best wishes,

Anthony

26 comments:

Aaron Held said...

your idea sounds great!

I have talked to cj a few times a while back about getting something going with video/film and maybe even animations, I noticed a bunch of us use it to create wonderful things.

and if any one wants to send around the latest free chapbooks I uploaded them all to an account on media fire.

http://www.mediafire.com/myfiles.php

Russell CJ Duffy said...

A wonderful suggestion. Films it is then. Will DVD's sent via the post be OK?

Ruela said...

wonderful idea!

I would like to seen some of my animations included,
it will be great, if that is possible.

Ruela said...

thanks Aaron.

Aaron Held said...

looks like you need my email and password for the account to access
I'll email it to you guys.

Anonymous said...

thanks Aaron for sending it out!

Ruela said...

I can't enter ;(

db said...

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this, but I'm in (which is to say, am) a band: http://www.myspace.com/medroxyprogesteroneacetate -- if you're looking for any audio to use let me know as I have stockpiles of nowhere tape drones looking for a good home.

Ruela said...

db

do you have Youtube vĂ­deos?

Russell CJ Duffy said...

db>>>At this stage I have no idea how or where Doriandra will take the next discharge chapbook. I do know, from what Anthony has said here that his tenure on the book will be to create short films. Perhaps, if we get any volunteers for future editors, beyond Robert who is going to do the 4th chapbook, then we might do an audio of a chapbook. I certainly hope so as I find the concept really exciting!

db said...

No YouTube videos yet, but it's something I've been meaning to do -- I'll try to get something together next weekend. Interested to see where this goes!

Ruela said...

ok!

gives us the link!

Aaron Held said...

id be interested in doing an audio chapbook, I'd definitely need some help. I had an idea i wanted to do i'm horrible at organizing such thing but it would fit for this. collaboration of different voices all saying/doing something different all at once, I've done it a few times by myself but its only been different versions of my voice, id like to see what it would sound like with other people different ideas/different languages maybe.


But I'll wait and see how the next chapbooks come out, best not to get to ahead of myself.

Russell CJ Duffy said...

Aaron>>>I haVE WRITTEN something for your audio chapbook. I think you should do it. I know that we all will support you ON THIS. AS FAR As i know this is the running ORDER For the first few cHAPBooks..1. cj (straight book)
2. DORIANDra (god alone knows)))
3. murMURIsts (VIDEO)
4 ROBERt (poetry/????)
5. aaRON HELd (auDIO)
6. ???????

Lazare said...

Anthony,
I'm mostly offline at the time and I don't have the technical ability to desing, so I'm sorry but I'm unable to do the artwork for the dvd myself. But I thank you a lot for thinking about my stuff for the cover. You know you have my permission to use it as you wish, so if you want to have any of my pictures as the cover image, with you or someone else doing the actual layout, go ahead, use what you think fits best and I'll be delighted. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Aaron - Great idea, thanks a lot.

All - best wishes and much love.

murmurists said...

Lazare - Will do, thanks. Hope your internet problems get sorted out soon. I'll keep you informed about what I use and how, of course. It's a little while off, in any case. Still got Doriandra's chapbook to go. That said, anyone interested in submitting film for my fourth Discharge chapbook, please let me know as soon as possible; as stuff like that takes ages to sort out. I hope others do get in on this - otherwise it'll all be murmurists! LOL I'd need formats like mpeg or windows media. I'm not too technical with this stuff; so anyone who is, it might benefit the over all quality if we get together over at least the business of rendering the film onto DVD. I can do that - no problem. But I'm no fancy pants with that kind of software. It'll be punk DVD if I do it alone! But I'm personally fine with that. I'm hoping I can fill a couple of hours - make it a real survey of what vid stuff Dischargers have done. So, let me know, please. If interest is low - and it might be, as most of us don't do film - I'll re-think the project away from a simple survey of what film we make and develop a theme, make it more like that. At this stage, I may do that in any case. I haven't decided. So at this point it is open.

Aaron - great idea for a CDR. Count me in, of course.

Really healthy stuff this is. Best wishes to all.

doriandra said...

hello all- i recently sent out a group email requesting submissions for the 2nd chapbook but received not one response- right in keeping with our motto- not one rats ass. :)
so- perhaps i will just have to pull from older work rather than create a thematic horror based chapbook that would have involved stirring up minds in formation- which i admit, may have felt tedious, hence the radio silence.
upward and onward.

Ruela said...

I don't received any e-mail Doriandra.

Anonymous said...

oh my, i haven't received any email either.

Russell CJ Duffy said...

Doriandra>>>Had I heard from you I would certainly have responded. Sorry but I haven't seen a thing as yet. The concept sounds cool though. I am sure Ruela would be up for some of that!

Ruela said...

"thematic horror"

sounds Great!

Aaron Held said...

yeah didn't see no email either.

Aaron Held said...

your original idea sounds great to.

doriandra said...

well, well... that explains it! i was mutating here in my little corner, wondering why everyone was so appalled that they could not respond.
so......
Dear Blogger Family,
on the heels of 'Be Serpentine Thy Hyde', comes the vacant space which nature abhors and must be filled with the D5 Chapbook II.
As i wear the humble hat of editor for this round, please accept my request for submissions at this time.
Thematic issues have been the source of quite some pondering but may i suggest to plant this little worm in your mind as you fire up those brilliantly jagged minds..
Aretaeus of Cappadocia, living during the 2nd century A.D., realized and wrote about the often disastrous duality of spirit that exists between the common man, hence being cited in modern psychological parlance, as the first to identify bipolar disease. But ignore that. What is more endearing is his belief in a physical, tangible soul that violently navigated around in the human body, bursting forth evident in angry men with red enflamed faces and then withdrawing timidly in great panics that rendered the human face pale and anxious.
It's this manic duality that i wish to explore- that nagging little voice that inspires you to do reckless and brilliant things, and then the other whisper that sends you scurrying back inside in anxious haste.
Or not.
Send what you wish...it will all take form in a gloriously disturbing fashion.
I will be on the road through the middle of August, peddling my textile wares with the freak circus and thereby making the proverbial day job earnings but will be armed with a laptop and various hotel rooms. expected date for Chapbook 2 would therefore be at the end of August.
Off to scatter the maggots,
doriandra

Ruela said...

Aretaeus of Cappadocia

[it will be]


sounds great too!

murmurists said...

Sounds great Doriandra. I'm in 100%, and will send my offering sooner rather than later; as I'm off playing shows in Europe late August / early September. So a busy time.

Just to say, I didn't receive said email invite either. As a rule, I respond to such things - and to any 'pending' message - immediately.

Good luck with your work and with the chapbook. It'll be excellent, I just know it!

Best wishes,

Anthony

PS. I'll paste your invite into the June 2009 Reverse Metal posting, also.