Friday, September 11, 2009

September 2009

Hello everyone,

Back from my trip - after a wonderful time. I'm not up-to-speed at all on what's been happening in Discharge land. I do know Doriandra has completed the second chapbook - and it looks fine and wonderful. Big thanks to her.

Once again, and more pressing now, I'm seeking contributions for a third chapbook - a proposed DVD. So please contact me expressing your interest. Thanks to Ruela for his contribution. But there's been little interest beyond that, as I've said. If I don't receive anything else, the film idea is untenable, of course. I'm thinking in terms of a deadline of the end of October. So get your material in or register your firm intention to do so as soon as possible, please!

Best wishes,

Anthony

11 comments:

Ruela said...

Welcome back Anthony!

Lazare said...

hey Anthony, congratulations on your tour. I bet it was fantastic. Hope you're well.

As I said, I'm not into video yet(shame on me...). But many "dischargians" are, if the youtube thing on the site is to be believed... Pity they're not getting back to you. What if you tried to compile that stuff, if you lack something better? It would be sad to have the dvd idea shelved...

Best,
x

murmurists said...

Thanks you two. It was wonderful - with many great experiences: playing with Faust, Nurse With Wound; all the lovely parts of Germany and Belgium I saw; plus the beautiful Luxembourg. I must recommend the Avantgarde Festival - run every year by Jean-Herve Peron of Faust, and based, at his home, in Schiphorst, near Lubek/Hamburg. It is a magical thing, truly. I thought things with that kind of spirit had died out. It was wonderful - and I saw such amazing bands and performers over the three days. You should all go next year!

The film idea ... I'm not disappointed or anything. It would be nice, and if there is the demand/interest, I'm happy to do it. I'm so busy with others things, though, that I haven't the time nor the energy to chase people for contributions, sorry. I hope enough respond. But a re-think would be ok, too.

Best wishes,

Anthony

Russell CJ Duffy said...

I too have been away but on holiday. Anthony's tour sounds fantastic. If only all work could be such fun!
I will sne da DVD film IF, I can get the time and IF there is enough of a response from others. By others I am thinking of possibly Jason, Jaie, Matina (?)Aaron and Jaan.

Anonymous said...

Anthony we talked 'lot's' lately so i didn't think about responding here as i felt involved already.
We have a youtube page for d5 now, and it's on it's best way to be pregnant with all our motions asap...
also we could keep following the way for "interviews" of each one of us, such as your interview vid, the one i recently displayed here & etc...

Russell CJ Duffy said...

I feel guilty about not spending as much time here as I should; guilty and concerned that all my old friends may think I have deserted them or no longer have the passion ans committment to discharge that I once had. I have as much love for this place as when it was first created. Sorry I am not here as much as I would like. I am currently working on my series of Fekenham novels (still unpublished - BASTARDS!) and also my monthly 28pp Wilful Walks plus a couple of other odd blogs I sometimes contribute to plus another set of stories that have wormed their way into my head and finally I, and old time discharger, Stickleback2 (Dave Vigor), are about to commit to another Wilful Walks type chapbook project.
I am amazed by all the various ways that discharge is now available; amazed and astonished at all the talent here. The chapbooks are proving to be a worthwhile exercise and I really hope that Anthony's DVD is produced as it is a smashing idea.

Good luck to all!

murmurists said...

Weird ... I left two lengthy comments here yesterday, which seem to have vanished. The first, in brief, was an apology to you Jaan. I meant Ruela is the only person who has actually set material in. Certainly you and I will do something for the DVD. The second message was just to CJ, saying good luck etc.

Anonymous said...

aw no need to apology Anthony, i just wanted to make sure it's public since the request was too...otherwise it may seemed like ignorance, i don't know.
however glad to be involved with this!
love

Ruela said...

Good luck c.j.



I creat another site for discharge (under construction) for chapbooks


New Site



I can't enter at the old...

Aaron Held said...

I really want to make something but the summer was to busy for me and my computer has been to full, i also thought the deadline was soon so I gave up on even trying but I really want to make something not just for the chap but for myself, haven't found the time. I haven't been posting lately cause my focus has been else where, but I visit here everyday. I'm glad the deadline is stretched further i might be able to get something done but if not I'll send one my old videos if thats alright.

murmurists said...

That'd be fine Aaron. Thanks.