Friday, October 09, 2009

October 2009

Hello all,

It's getting to be something of a habit for me to open these monthly editorials with something along the lines of ... I've been too busy to properly get to grips with Discharge this month! Well, once again, I've been pretty absent, I'm sorry to say. I may have had my first ever month without posting anything, in fact. Lots has happened here domestically; and it's been a bit of a month; with family illness - now somewhat resolved. All of that has meant that I've been a poor blogger, and that, in essence, I've nothing of substance to say here once again!

Except ...

At bottom, these days, I really am too busy to offer Reverse Metal the commitment it needs - not just writing something each month, you understand, more being involved enough to make that writing meaningful. So, I've decided that I can no longer continue to wing it with Reverse Metal, as you all deserve more. So, this will have to be my final patch-up-job! Sorry... Mostly, I think I should have made the decision three months ago.

Plus, even given my repeated appeals for film material for a third chapbook, too few people have come forward: two, in fact, with one tentative. So, similarly, I've made the decision to abandon the idea - at least for now. I just cannot chase people up for material. Apologies to Ruela for that; as he did send a fine piece of work; ant to Jaan, who expressed firm interest in working with me for the project. I hope to realise a DVD chapbook of Discharge material in the future, when the verve and interest is there.

I'm sure whoever takes over will give Reverse Metal the substance it needs; and I hope, with one less thing to worry about, I might actually find more time to contribute to Discharge itself.

Love and best wishes,

Anthony

21 comments:

Ruela said...

No problem Anthony,maybe in the future ... we will see more artists take up these various medias...


I think we need more contributors to Discharge, not only a name in the list that don't give any contribution...

I´m not talking about you, me, C.J.
,Doriandra, Jase, Inc, Junior, Lazare, Kek,DD, Dodo, CHM, Jaie, Robert, Jaan, Nelson, Aaron, Antony Hitchin, Carmen, TicTac, d-rood...

Ruela said...

Talking about the others...



Only a name.

murmurists said...

Thanks Ruela. Well, a 'name' is all I've been for the past several months; but, over the whole course of the five Discharges, I hope I've made a meaningful contribution. I still do love the blog; and I still do intend to be an active part of it for as long as it continues. I do agree, though, that the list of names here is bigger than the number who post things. But, in a way, I suppose it doesn't matter - because we all know who gives substance to D5. That hasn't been me for a while, as I say. But I think it ebbs and flows. I used to post too much, believe it or not! Since joining Vultures, and since doing my Beneath is Translation album - now finished, I've had less time. Plus, classwar karaoke has taken up more time; which I'm happy about. But time is finite, of course. So, it all impacts upon other stuff. I think CJ playing a more back-room role has change things. But, like me, he's been preoccupied; and, like me, I'm sure he fully intends to get back into D5.

Anyway, those are all words. Let's see ...

I hope someone else steps forward for Reverse Metal.

Best wishes,

Anthony

Anonymous said...

fully understand the busy bee!
this will continue...
love

Russell CJ Duffy said...

Very sad to see Anthony leave R.M but on a positive note he is at least still part of discharge. We all should thank him for his splendid efforts in all he has done here and for his inspirational work on discharge. Good luck to you mate, you are hugely talented and one of the best as far as I am concerned.

Ruela is right of course that too few people contibute to discharge and in that I have to included myself. I have been absent of late and have hardly posted anything of real worth. We do need some fresh blood and perhaps we can concentrate on getting some new faces, new names here.

Since Anthony is not able to produce the next chapbook due to lack of interest, is there anyone else who wants to take over that role?

And to conclude, and to confirm Anthony's statement about his and my becoming more involved in discharge...YES, for sure. I will step back into the breach in terms of Reverse Metal but perhaps we all can start thinking of who else out there we can invite. Also, do we want to continue as D5 or change to D6??

Opinions please and shout loud as my days of playing Motorhead full volume has left me deaf!!!

Russell CJ Duffy said...

PS. It should also be noted that Anthony contributed to this site since August of last year until October of this, a total of 14 months. I think that in itself speaks volumes about his dedication and committment to this site and to discharge. It is hard to point at any individual and say they deserve extra credit but in the case of our friend from Manchester i think we should as he has done a great job.

Ruela said...

yes
a great, great job!
Thanks Anthony.

murmurists said...

That's really kind of you. Thanks for that, CJ.

I do intend to be more active in Discharge.

Should we just call it Discharge and forget the numbering?

Oh, and much as I love Manchester, and I even lived there for a year, I'm not from there! I'm from St. Helens (you know rugby, glass, not much else?!), and I now live in Northampton (you know shoes, cricket, not much else?!) ... !

murmurists said...

And thanks Ruela. You're a powerhouse on here for sure. Long may you continue.

Ruela said...

exhibition's coming soon, I'm very busy but I'll try be here even for some minutes and I want to finish the site with some selection of best videos and art for for posterity...

I think it is much early to move to other blog, not made 1 year...we need fresh blood...yes

jase daniels said...

Your effort is appreciated Anthony. A bit sad to see you step down from RM, you give it a solid flavour... if you get what I mean?

Anyway, thanks for all the energy you have put in.

I would like to keep numbering Discharge. Each time it moves on one I feel like it has evolved, and without the numbers I'm not sure that would be as evident. But, I'm not sure it is ready to move on to 6 yet.

As Ruela said, its not been a year, we should hold out until we pass the 12 months I think.

Have to say, I also have not posted as often as I would have liked this year, strange times in jaseland...and I sware this has been the fastest moving 12 months in the history of mankind.

I do plan on contributing more often, I'm still very proud to be part of Discharge.

Fresh blood is hard to find, but I think it could be cool to bring in some new faces.

Any thoughts on how we can recruit?

Thanks again Anthony.

Jase

murmurists said...

Thanks Jase. Kind of you.

Ruela said...

"and I sware this has been the fastest moving 12 months in the history of mankind."


LOL!
I think the same!


12 months for D5, yes I agree.

Anonymous said...

The great CJ said it all dear Anthony!
Hoch soll er LEBEN! Hoch sollen SIE Leben!

guess Ruela 's right about to continue as d5 for some more to maybe recruit new that might migrate to the next level... however i have no idea at this time who else, i brought mostly all i concerned to d5
but then it's numb mostly same mostly.

i'm pretty sure i can't pick up the role of Anthony,
since i'm too scattered with the time machines we state our history...(see Jase's comment: 'fastest moving 12 months in the history of mankind')
plus i'm simply no admin for most things, i don't even have a health insurance and whatnotall...
love is what i can offer, love to support and backup!

best wishes to all!

Russell CJ Duffy said...

Just to clarify a couple of things:

1. I wasn't suggesting we change to D6 now as I agree, it needs at least a year. The first discharge went for 18 months before D2 was created.

2. I am more than happy to stcik with this site but as Jase says we now have a tradition of re-creating ourselves periodically and I for one think that is a good thing. However, this needs to be balanced against what the rest of the team feel. And bearing in mind the only people to consider as the significant team are those mentioned by Rulea. No rudeness meant to the others outsdie of that group but I am sure that they too would agree, their contributions are small and seldom.

Personally I would lwet this series of discharge run for at least another six months, maye even as long as next summer.

We do need though to start thinking about the next chapbook and I still intend to send Anthony my film ASAP so that he may, in some future time, re-evaluate the DVD chapbook thing.

Take care chaps. Onwards and upwards.

Russell CJ Duffy said...

PS. (Again)

I have taken the liberty to invite half a dozen people on here but as yet no one has responded.

murmurists said...

Thanks for all that CJ; and to you, Jaan, Jase and Ruela for your kind words.

It's important to keep things progressive and vital. I can see the positive side to numbering Discharge and to going, in time, to a D6. So long as it still clearly refers to Discharge per se, I think that that is fine. There's probably always been a core contributing faction; with others doing what they can when they can. So, I personally have no problem with seeing Discharge itself in that fashion. We have got, afterall, some fine people in those orbits. I suppose there's some kind of percetible minimum one must do in order to remain a meaningful part of something. But I can't see a reason to oust people for infrequent participation. That's my vote, at any rate!

I remain positive about some DVD chapbook for the future. No hurry. It'll have its day.

Good luck with the exhibition Ruela.

Best wishes,

Anthony

Ruela said...

Thanks M!

Aaron Held said...

I've been disappointed I have not been able to post on D5 lately, and I am really disappointed in not getting a film in time, I would LOVE to take over the DVD chapbook but my problem is computer RAM is low, I can hardly make a 2 Minute video.

I started a Blog and gathered a few Film/video/animation artists, I plan on continuing, so if some one could take over the technical aspects I would be glad to help gather some videos or get people interested. I just don't have the RAM for creating and assembling the videos and DVD.

I hope everyone is doing great, sorry I have not been able to comment but I sure like what every one's been creating.

I am not Kek-w said...

Yes, a very big appreciative thanks to Anthony! A sterling job, mate.

I'd love to be more active on D5 too, but sorry: the usual excuses, I'm afraid: time, mainly, right now....I've had to bail out of two or three other projects due to overload. But I'll keep chipping away when I'm able.

I know Db is an enthusiastic contributor, but he's had a major family crisis to deal with, but I'm sure you'll see him back on here when the time is right. Like Anthony says: ebbs and flows.

Recruiting? Well, friends or friends of friends are always best - people we know/like/whose work we respect. It'll happen. I can think of one or two who might be interested, so I'll ask; it's important to get the mix right....

murmurists said...

Thanks Kek. You're place as an active part of Discharge is, I should think, pretty secure. I'm all for you inviting choice others, personally. This is a tough old blog. I think it will go from strength-to-strength no matter what. I'm always dazzled by something on here.