Sunday, November 01, 2009

November 2009 - In The Wake of Doctor Anthony Donovan the Murmurist Amongst Us




Anthony has left his role as ubbermensch, supreme overseer of this site, leading light and facilitator.
His part here was enormous, not that I am saying he has a huge part for I have never been that close to find out but his role, not just here on Reverse Metal, but on all of the discharge series, has been vital to its growth and to its construction.
Still, he lasted for a year keeping us informed and a splendid job he did too.
Now then, it is back to me to wriggle my tentacles and tickle your tender parts. Hmmmm, now there is a thought. Would the divine Doriandra want an English man to get even remotely near her tender parts? I think not and Junior has too fine a breeding to allow such stuff and the gorgeous Tictac far too sophisticated. But enough of my putrid thoughts. At fast approaching fifty six, I need to grow up don't I? (Never fear I refuse to).

Discharge has, as Anthony often said, gone with an ebb and flow, a series of huge inputs followed by an equal amount of slow. The thing that is hardest to do is to 're-create' not only the discharge series periodically but also ourselves. I have been so busy producing my Wilful Walks, my novels and other bits of chapbooks that I confess I have taken my eye off this place. Never my heart though. I love discharge and my co-contributors with or without tickling any of their parts!

Here are the things I think we need to do.

1. Get new blood onto discharge ASAP.

2. Do regular, quarterley chapbooks.

3. Think about what direction the next discharge should take.

4. Get naked and go mental.

5. Possibly ignore point four.

The central team here are fantastic and the only reasons, if I am to be honest for changing to D6, is that it not only gives fresh impetuous but also it enables us to part company with whoever it is that no longer wishes to be a part of this fabulous series. I am not suggesting a 'hiring and firing' process but one that gently allows those who no longer want to partake to not accept the invite.

Ideas are what we are so then lets have some ideas from us all as to what to do next.

Pass me that fig leaf Aaron, I think I may go nude.



PS. WELCOME TO DOLOROSA, RAPPEL AND R. ENJOY DISCHARGE AND BE A DARK ANGEL

12 comments:

Ruela said...

Long life to Discharge!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

ups...now it's gone¿
too bad.
to put it like Ruela LLTD_5

cocaine jesus said...

nEEd NEW
nEEd pROgREsS
rEMaIN FAiTHfUlL TO pROg pUNk IdEAlS

Ruela said...

I will do Discharge chapbook 5. Have some crazy ideas...but first we need the D3 and D4, maybe Murmurists DVD and Aaron mp3 chapbook...

Russell CJ Duffy said...

Ruela>>>That is great news. You ARE discharge, or at least you have been making it tick of late of which I am very grateful.

Chapbook FIVE is yours then!

Just need to generate interest in Anthony's DVD idea and get some others involved with future chapbooks.

doriandra said...

I've been horridly absent as well- wresting with a recalcitrant male teenager, the fruit of my loins as they say- however, manage to drop little bombs here and there when I can.
I would encourage scandalous proclivities with you Duffy, call me a wanton hussy and I'll just flounce up my skirts and laugh.
All go mental and naked- yes.
All is stupendous over there at the Discharge world. Ruela is a force to be reckoned with- astonishing what he does- xxoo

murmurists said...

You're too kind CJ. But thanks. I'm just glad Reverse Metal is still rolling along.

Discharge is in fine health, I think; plus, there is nothing wrong with waves of change; burning the land for new growth. Or have I been listening to too much Killing Joke this week?

Onwards / upwards.

Ruela said...

Thank you very much CJ and Doriandra!

I love art!

cocaine jesus said...

Ruela...yOU aRe ArT

Ruela said...

«Hosannas From the Basements Of Hell»

Killing Joke

great band!

Ruela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.