I wrote about an odd dream I had that involved the members of discharge, the dark angels as I call them, on one of my Wilful Walks. It was weird but no weirder than this latest one.
We are all gathered at an awards ceremony (not sure which one or where it is being held). For some strange reason we are all seated at seperate tables along with a bunch of famous people, most of them probably deceased, when suddenly an annoucement is made.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, it is not often that such a diverse set of artists create such an incredible piece of art but the blog site of the Dark Angels is as contemporary and as innovative as they come; please put your hands together for the collective that is known as discharge."
At this point every light in the place goes out casting us all into pitch black darkness. A low grumble of music crawls up from a subteranean bass, the sound of Massive Attacks 'Angel' rumbles deep into my gut. A single spot light springs into life highlighting me in a silver glow. I am wearing what appears to be a Victorian frocked coated suit - I look quite the cove. Then another light blicks into life and standing tall in her feathered top hat is Doriandra looking for all the world like Oberon's queen. Then Ruela is highlighted, his mohican is dyed a violent green and he stands head and shoulders above everyone, a titan of a man, tattoed and imperial like an indian brave. Then comes Murmurists looking like a Neil Young hippy with tatterd jeans and T-shirt declaring his love of Henry Cow. One by one the discharge team get to their feet and all before the singing begins then, as a single thread of people we all ascend the stage.
I have no idea what happens next as Cookie, my sons Border Collie leapt onto my testicles reforming them into a more attractive shape and I awoke with pain and a start.
I hasten to add that this is only the second time I have dreamt of the discharge collective as it is more normal for me to be dreaming of P.J. Harvey scantily dressed but that is another story for another time.
There has been some terrific art posted of late and some equaly good words; keep it up and if any of you want to invite friends, family or passing rodents onto discharge then please feel free as we still need some fresh blood. (As Dracula once said!)
17 comments:
Have I mentioned just how violently I love you all, today? Every little mind bending, toe tapping, library licking, tee-totalitarian tripping tea cup dancing haze of mad expression running wild and demented?
Yes, yes, Fuck yes.
Fuck ya, great!!! I love this team!
it'll be great watching the dream come true!
great the fire passes on
We are an amazing team and yes, I have finished the next chapbook in record time and yes, I will be sending it over to you all soon!!
Speed C.J.
Master of chapbooks!
yes that was unexpected!
um so mehr ist es UMWERFEND!
Brilliant it already looks!
Being part of such a diverse, fantastic team is like taking speed.
:)
Haha I've never been much for award ceremonies, I didn't even want a graduation. :D
but good dream, we know you care and your looking for a team effort, or maybe your hoping we all do great, dreams tell a lot about people especially if you start really breaking them down, and its great to know your thinking of us in your dreams! hahaha
I really like the new chap, really nice how it was put together and the little bits by Doriandra in between. I really like the black and white one.
I will be willing to make an audio chap book but I am willing to wait because my computer is not what id like it to be(way to slow and full right now) but in the meantime you can think about this for submissions.
File type: Wav. or MP3 is fine
Length: Any length but maybe try to keep them around five minutes, the longer the less room on a cd.
Quantity: 1 per group/person If there isn't much submissions It will be more, I want a wide range of diversity if possible.
Content: Spoken word, noise, music, poetry, anything audio, theme none but keep it in the tradition or mood of discharge. past work can be submitted
No deadline yet, I'll wait patiently after ruela and tic tac who are next i think? but feel free to send them to:
titheruck@gmail.com
I'm a procrastinator and time flies I'd like to get things in order, and mention this to all..I've been busy latley writing screenplays, and with family issues, but i should have more time.
Great job everyone, I really like what your doing and i'm glad the site is still moving and always has something good posted, sorry i've been lacking in posts, my creative minds been in a fantasy/sci-fi universe lately haha
I'll put that info in a email sometime so everyone will see.
Aaron>>>We have both been sent, by Jaie mostly, a host of musical bits, I hope you got them? If you didn't I will see if I can dig them out for you. A DVD chapbook with you as editor would be fantastic.
Great news Aaron! You have
already my contribution but in the meantime if you need more just tell me...
Good luck Aaron.
I'm working at one of the ideas I have for D5 chapbook, is a work that will take time...some part will be ready next month(you will see it) however someone have to do D4...
So
we need someone to D4
I'm the D5
Tictac D6
Aaron D7
correct?
what should be d4?
D4 should be whatever strikes you as bieng the thing you want to edit, to produce. It may be more images or more poetry, perhaps anpother DVD or CD or maybe a combination of all the elements.
I wrote a piece that I sent out to all members of discharge that only Laz responded to but perhaps that could be a fun thing to do? For example Jaan starts the process off and then passes it onto Ruela who, when he's done, passes it onto Tictac and so on.
What do you chaps think?
dear CJ,
i did also receive your text, i haven't simply replied
yet as i had no time to read it, and i'm not about to say 'cool' for kicks...i have it laying on my desktop actually widespread legs, open to the world.
did i understand correctly editing your text and passing it on? if so, i think this is really GREAT idea,
i'd love to smash your chars, if this was not meant,
i'd like to do it anyway...
best¬
Jaan>>>No, that wasn't what I meant but by all means do that if you like.
Not so much editing it but transforming it, mutating it into something else.
It doesn't matter who starts the process, you can if you want.
We could even get someone to add images to the text as we go and then see what we end up with!
sorry, guess i didn't clearly express what i meant..
YES that's a great idea CJ, having a lot to do at the moment i'll try to do something with variety,
we have some time yes?
As long as it takes!
Post a Comment