Hell's bells!
That poetry chapbook was good, I feel really proud of it and all the work contained in it was of such a good standard. I thought that by having Doriandra's little quotes as exclamation marks with attitude worked well, it gave the book a pulse, a backbone where the other poems could hang from.
Fantastic stuff!
With all the ideas that are now bubbling away, this in turn has a positive affect on me as it acts as a prompt to me. My idea is this. Either a chapbbok or a fully fledged short novel that has as its plot an art theft. The narrative and plot could be writen by me with images and text supplied by invited team members. The style of the book would have to be as though it were a police file, an ongoing investigation of an art house theft where all the artworks have been stolen. This would mean having the images and text you guys supplied presented as though they were photographic reproductions that have been paperclipped into the police folder. There could be marginal text, again by me, that sets the narrative rolling.
I think it is a good idea but let me know what you all think.
Another welcome is due and this time to Neil who has really stomped his style onto the discharge map. A great start with some fine images and words.
Ruela, Aaron, Jaan and Tictac have all stepped up to the breach in terms of future chapbooks with Murmurists still wanting to produce a DVD version. Obviously we have to keep the ideas pumping and maintain our ever evolving beast of internet art.
Again praise must be heaped on Ruela as he and he alone has put in some huge effort into getting the discharge brand onto so many formats.
Keep those ideas coming in - discharge rules the roost!
PS. Have a great Christmas one and all!
xxx
14 comments:
Great chapbook, I agree, CJ. And yes kudos to Ruela... and to all.
great work!
Love your idea, is so underground...
A few more days and all series of discharge it will be a single piece of art, with images, music, video, chapbooks ...
The big piece of art of XXI century!
! ¡Love to all¡ !
Thanks to Murmurists, Ruela and Jaan. Hopefully someone will spot the idea I have suggested and give me some feed back as to what they think of it.
Cheers!
it does take more time than i expected for me, to gather all my will for sorts of life we do praise here, it's a cumbersome time with my dog having lymphoma i must be with her, she's a true fact of art!
much love to you my fellow travelers and loveRs,
jaan
This my
gift to Discharge: Dark Angels Cave
Our own social network with all Discharge photos (3,706), albums (39), all videos (110) , Mp3 files, 4 pdf (chapbooks) and some texts.
Discharge – 1 Album
Discharge 2 – 7
Discharge 3 – 3
Discharge 4 – 15
Discharge 5 – 10
Dark Angels of Discharge– 1
discharge chapbooks – 1
chapbooks/books (individual and collective stuff) – 1
When I have a little more time I will arrange a way to also publish poetry and texts that were not attached to images.
All dark angels have is own page where can upload music, art, video as well pdf files.
At the top of the page has several sections, just explore…
Has a personal blog for each one of D. Angels and all the work appears on the main page.
It also has events, forum, etc ...
It's like facebook, myspace and blogger all in one.
For those not familiar with this network, can be guided by my page (take a look) and at Discharge page , you can move the central bars of the layout up and down.
Sorry I can write better than this but I think you understand.
At the top of the page has also a link to D6 waiting for us ;)
It's time to invite people...
Happy Xmas.
Bless you Ruela. Thank you so much for doing this fo us all.
What an awesome gift!! You have done a huge amount of work...Thank you so much Ruela !
CJ, quite challenging your idea of a short novel with a plot on art theft!!I love it!
Best Xmas wishes to everyone, see you in the Cave ;-)!!
Thanks Ruela. The ning thing is awesome. It'll be a great platform for D6 and beyond. We should really get all dark angels and friends to join us there.
As for the novel, it'd be cool, but i have a LOT of my own to do right now... i'd really love to contribute more to discharge (in fact i haven't posted anything for so long) but at present it's just overload. i'll be back, though, eventually.
xxx
Thank you all
yes Lazare
It'll be a great platform for D6 and beyond
We can invite people for our Cave and next to D6...
Nice buzz here. If I can help & contribute I will.
The ning looks fantastic, Ruela. I've made my associations. Everyone here should, yes.
All the best to Jaan at this unhappy time. Hope she passes painlessly, my friend. x
Jaan>>>I missed the comment that you left about your dog. I too have a dog, a male border collie, so I understand how you must feel.
I hope her passing is as painless for her as possible. A rotten time for this to happen but then again losing someone you love is horrid at any time.
love,
CJ
I know too how you feel Jaan...
I've "lost" 3 dogs.
Best for you.
Post a Comment