We said we would let the current version of discharge run for a while longer, maybe as long as eighteen months. We are nearing that point in time now so the question is this: do we change to D6 in June or do we plough on?
I am trying to get more artists onto the site but with little success. I think we need to introduce some new blood; new blood with an international flavour. If anyone knows of anyone then invite them on.
Again there has been some great art posted but again it is, apart from Cloudboy's sudden re-appearance, the same old core team. This bugs me as I really cannot see the point of belonging to discharge if you never contribute.
8 comments:
Maybe it's time for D6!
Ditto... Love to all x
even keeping a low profile i'd appreciate a new step too, if even considered.
Peace & LOVE fer ALL¬
I have not been able to create much new things, I've been working on other things that I've put off. Sad to say but more urgent things. I've not been online often due to family and computer problems.
I'm not quitting but I will not be on as often as when I started. Hope you understand...
Just asking... but what would adding a six help get people to contribute?
Adding new people might it always seems to work, but as a group it doesn't seem to have the same energy as it once did (things happen I understand) but maybe were to expanded or bloated with so many things like facebook's and stuff.
I think ruela and others did a great job on the sites and spent alot of time on them but when I first joined which wasn't to far back there was really like only one site to post on. Then it expanded maybe we should shrink it down maybe stick with the ning which incorporates all of these websites in one.
Maybe I'm not used to all the new web tech I have a hard time keeping track of all these different sites.
I'm just saying my opinion... doesn't matter which way we choose to go, I like seeing and making art just the same doesn't matter what the title is. :)
Hope everyone is doing good!
Peace,
Aaron
I think that all good things come to an end, that every dog has its day and that we have had ours. As Neil Yoing once said: "It's better to burn out than to fade away.". I do not want this site to 'fade away.'
Perhaps it is time for D6 or maybe time to call it a day?
I fully intend to work with friends and colleagues on future projects and all under the discharge banner but I think we have run our course.
I wouldn't want it to end just maybe we gotta shift our focus and our energy into something like before, i feel we've become to spread out a lot of new people added but nothing much is seen from them, a lot of sites but has changed much.
I'm only speaking for myself but life changes and things become priority, i love art making but it's been hard for me to do now and I'm sure it's like that for others so we cannot always expect there to be constant posts, I'm really bummed I've been offline so long and not focused more on the site.
I don't think it's faded out but maybe it needs to be condensed to the things we really need that really suit the purpose of a multi-person/multi-nationality art blog. I don't think it needs to end, I have not liked any other blog nearly as much as this one, maybe it's the people I don't know but I would sure hate for it this site to end.
I know all good things don't last but all good things are changed, transform and are reborn into something new we might not be able to capture the original spirit but maybe we can make something new?
Peace,
Aaron
D6
only to "refresh"...
Ruela>>>Let's start D6 now. Please only invite 'the team' as thosewould accually post here.
Cheers!
Post a Comment