Saturday, May 01, 2010

May 2010

God bless Ruela who has kindly designed and set up D6.

It has fired up the small but tight collection of artists who have produced some fine work.

We still need to to do as Aaron suggested though. Repeating the same formula will only only end up with us all bored silly.

I am writing the 'art theft' story now and I think aaron will, when time permits, produce a CD of discharge music.

I have to confess that I do little here now and for that i am sorry. Perhaps it is time for Ruela to take the reigns as 'editor.' of Reverse Metal. If he doesn't want to, which I would understand, then, unless someone else wants to, I wll be closing this site down as of June 2010. No more Reverse Metal.

15 comments:

D6 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ruela said...

Thank you C.J.

At this moment I can,t make it, too many sites, work... and now I'm the new editor of a magazine Abismo Humano, more work...
Reverse Metal deserves someone who writes English better than me.

Ruela said...

Nº4 of Abismo Humano nº4 as the colaboration of C.J. (PAG 38, 39) and Doriandra (PAG. 40)
Thank you both.


On the next one
I will invite more two Dark Angels...

Aaron Held said...

I can start making the cd any time just don't have enough material got a lot from Jaie, one from Murmurist, and one from Ruela and CJ.

I can add my own material but thats about it, I would like more diversity if some one who has all the dischargers emails could send out one more bulletin that would really help me out, i only have a few of the emails added to my list. I could maybe do two collabs with people who are not with the blog but know they do audio work.

but I know theres a few people out there that have some audio up their sleeves, but I think people are to busy.

murmurists said...

Cheers Ruela. CJ, sorry, I gave RM a stab last year, as you know. Haven't the time; plus, too few Discharge folk tend to interact here... just the usual lovely suspects. I'm trying to do some meaningful work on D6 itself, though. Ditto the CDR chapbook... I tried that, and, like Aaron, found not enough interest. Shame that.. Aaron... I'd be happy top send more material if that helps.

Ruela said...

me too Aaron...

Russell CJ Duffy said...

Like Murmurists too much of my time is now taken up on other projects. I am loathe to let this site die and grateful to Ruela for doing all he does but I cannot see a way to help with this.

Russell CJ Duffy said...

PS. Ruela I love this magazine of yours, Abismo Humano nº4. Thank you so much for including me.

Cheers!

Ruela said...

and the ning network too...lots of work for nothing.

Aaron Held said...

I've had an idea... since i was thinking people don't have the time, i don't really have the time for some of my own work and projects and i don't really have a busy life.

We could always do a chapbook, zine, whatever ever week, month, quarter, year or whatever suits everybody. it could be edited by someone who has the time or multiple editors, but circulated through the people involved so that each book might have different feel, different people, and artwork in it. and people wont be pressured or feel that they need to be constantly submitting work to be part of the blog, they could submit when ever they were able to, and we could keep a blog around to inform people.

I'm just thinking, because I wouldn't want the idea of discharge to end, we just need to change it up a little and go back to the roots of the idea.

I also have a newspaper type idea in which peoples art, images and words make up the stories and photos, and headlines could be cut ups of real news paper lines and it would be this digital paper you could scroll through and flip through the pages...now i have no idea how to do this but i'm sure i could learn.

I'm really disappointed in the ning.com site i thought that would of helped discharge be more social and maybe more active...ah well.


Peace,
aaron

Russell CJ Duffy said...

I like Aaron's idea. It has, I think, merit. I, as you all know, have been involved in producing a series of chapbooks this year and last and intend to produce a whole lot more. The current ones that feature myself and artist Dave Vigor have had to go from monthly to bi-monthly as the schedule was just too exacting for Dave to cope with.
I would like, when the opportunity arises to have Dave work with us on the novela I have in mind for discharge. That of course is in the long term and doesn't really resolve the issue of what do we do with discharge now.
Having read Aaron's idea I would very much like to be involved as the editor and if not the single editor then certainly one of them.

With this in mind I think it might be a good idea if you all were to check out here www.issuu.com

It is a web site that Dave and I intend to use for our series of chapbooks. It has, as far as I can see, two possible outlets. One is for magazines that wish to pay and the second option if for free uploading of magazines that can then be read by those who want to read our work.

Take a look and let me know what you all think.

CJ

Ruela said...

Excelent idea Aaron!

Ruela said...

it's the same of Abismo Humano, very cool!

http://issuu.com/abismo_humano/docs/abismohumano4/38

Russell CJ Duffy said...

Ruela>>>You are right. I read the magazine but didn't take in the fact it was on ISSUU.

Cheers!

Aaron Held said...

Great stuff, I know doing the chapbook/magazine thing would slightly alter the way discharge is, but it seems like so many people are unable to produce/be a part of the team as often as they would like. so maybe submissions and taking a little time to create each one might solve that people won't be urged to post all the time, or feel bad if they can't be around on the blog.

and if anyone has any stuff for the cd send it, old, new, audio, music, sounds, you could be making arm pit noises if you want haha. and if you've already submitted well submit again the more the merrier, I'm gonna try to email a bulletin to some of the other people on the blog that i know might be able to submit... but if I don't get any more then the idea is basically scrapped.

issuu.com looks great, I think i'm gonna sign up, lets hope it stays free. ;)

peace!