Thursday, December 01, 2011

December 2011

:
:
:
:
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make"


Leaving is such sweet sorrow so someone once said. They were right. For six years now I have been a part of this wonderful team and enjoyed every minute of it. I think that enjoyment has waned in recent months to such a degree that I no longer contribute as I should. The blog and the rest of the discharge internet is well taken care of by Ruela. He runs that particular show now and will do for as long as he wants. Ruela is the curator. However, I find myself unable to just 'pack-up' and go. My time with discharge is not yet finished.

Thanks for having me and look out for me on ISSUU. With a little luck discharge the magazine is coming soon. I am hoping that together with Mark Scammell we will be able to design then write a monthly magazine that will feature not only the existing team but also other artists from around the world. Not just image makers but poets, musicians, film makers etc. I also hope to include articles on a range of other creative features too including historical pieces that do not always concentrate purely on European or American culture but which will be all inclusive from around the world.

Keep your eyes peeled.

Love,

Russell
:
:
:
:

5 comments:

Ruela said...

Sad news, good news...
It was really cool this last years, lots of art, fun, friendship...

murmurists said...

I echo the good Ruela, Russell; and ditto your introspection regarding your role in Discharge, Reverse Metal et al. I've been an infrequent Discharger for some time; and the old days where I was here day after day seem like a lifetime ago - about which I am sorry. I can claim only that I am massively busy and that, these days, I seldom make the kinds of images I often posted here and on my host blog. Visually, I'm all words now, and I share what I can when I can.

I wish you well old friend. We never did meet; and maybe we never will. But I've discovered that that states of affairs is fine, as relationships conducted via facebook etc. are lacking in nothing which matters to me. If you are ever up this way, though, you're always welcome for a cup of tea and a chat. I hope whatever troubles you are going through sort themselves out. Good luck & best wishes x

And Ruela ... of course, as CJ says, it is up to you how you see this thing and how you operate it. You know best what to do. It all looks good to me. x

Ruela said...

I'll try to do my best, thanx!

Aaron Held said...

Every Chapbook has been excellent, I finally got a good look at some of the ones I missed, it so wonderful how each one is different. I'm looking forward to the mag, and I know you wont be gone for to long cj it will call you back, but in the meantime I hope you do great on everything you set your mind! ;)

doriandra said...

it stands to reason with a mind so fruitful that you would need a break- the new ventures are exquisite, a thrilling read. travel well into the night, my friend. you are loved.