Monday, June 01, 2009

June 2009

Hello all,

I've greatly enjoyed Discharge this month. Lots of strong, dazzling work going within the blog itself. Elsewhere, CJ seems to have gone into chapbook overdrive - all good, all in-keeping with the tone of Discharge. Thanks to Aaron for taking this material and connecting it to the myspace. I say it each month, perhaps, but this all represents a substantive body of work.

Chapbook 2 is in the wind; edited by Doriandra. Here's what she said on the matter. Take heed, please...

Dear Blogger Family, on the heels of 'Be Serpentine Thy Hyde', comes the vacant space which nature abhors and must be filled with the D5 Chapbook II. As i wear the humble hat of editor for this round, please accept my request for submissions at this time. Thematic issues have been the source of quite some pondering but may i suggest to plant this little worm in your mind as you fire up those brilliantly jagged minds.. Aretaeus of Cappadocia, living during the 2nd century A.D., realized and wrote about the often disastrous duality of spirit that exists between the common man, hence being cited in modern psychological parlance, as the first to identify bipolar disease. But ignore that. What is more endearing is his belief in a physical, tangible soul that violently navigated around in the human body, bursting forth evident in angry men with red enflamed faces and then withdrawing timidly in great panics that rendered the human face pale and anxious. It's this manic duality that i wish to explore- that nagging little voice that inspires you to do reckless and brilliant things, and then the other whisper that sends you scurrying back inside in anxious haste. Or not. Send what you wish...it will all take form in a gloriously disturbing fashion. I will be on the road through the middle of August, peddling my textile wares with the freak circus and thereby making the proverbial day job earnings but will be armed with a laptop and various hotel rooms. expected date for Chapbook 2 would therefore be at the end of August.

There you have it.

Best wishes,

Anthony

15 comments:

Russell CJ Duffy said...

Busy little bee that I am I have still managed to help the delighful mistress of weird with a short story that, fingers crossed, might see light of day on the next chapbook. I hope that everyone else jumps in and helps. I see that Murmurists Anthony has committed to the project. I hope to see Ruela and Inconsequential submit stuff too as they are well suited for such an enterprise. Of course, all up to Doriandra who goes in but the more that submit the better it will be.

Good luck to Anthony on the European gigs. I keep meaning to see the guy play but the last time I said I would be going was the day before my youngest daughters birthday (29th March) and I would have been skinned alive if I hadn't helped with that!

doriandra said...

thank you my dear, for reposting.
any submissions should come to
doriandra1999@yahoo.com

bites and scratches,
d.

Ruela said...

Doriandra
I have already submitted an image...


good luck Murmurists!

murmurists said...

Thanks for your well wishes.

I'm working on something for you now, Doriandra.

Aaron Held said...

can't take credit for some of those updates ruela or jaan was behind that i'm no good with html stuff, but i did do some updating yesterday.

murmurists said...

Sorry if I overlooked the contributions of others - Ruela and/or Jaan. I assumed Aaron was running such things.

Doriandra - I sent you my contribution a couple of days ago. Have you received, please?

Best wishes,

Anthony

Anonymous said...

let it flow let it flow...

doriandra,
i haven't sent anything ...
i never really do as i don't know what,
i'm never sure about publishing, so , - duh
dunno,-
i'll support it anyway! as ever!
thank you so much for doing all this brilliant work you all!

Russell CJ Duffy said...

Dorinadra>>>If you are getting no joy from anyone or rather only getting responses from a few, then just go ahead and 'steal' what you like from whoever it is you want.

ALSO and VERY IMPORTANTLY. I now can print and bind the first and second discharge books so if anyone wants any to distribute then E-mail and I will send them to you. Postage will be free but please give me a little time to get them together. You will also have to let me know how many are required.

CJ

I am not Kek-w said...

Sorry, only just seen this...been busy w/ various projects of my own...plus family birthdays, holidays and I'm on the road myself next week....

db said...

Working on Durga (On The Wing Of Abomination), the conclusion of the KinderKultus stories, for the chapbook (plus mangled polaroids) -- hoped to be finished by today, but it might take a few more days...

Aaron Held said...

What the hell is that trash? I'm confused... is that some bizarre spam?

Aaron Held said...

oh now it's gone haha my comment seems pretty weird now, but there was this odd comment posted here not from any of us.

Anonymous said...

aaron, gosh would you please!
hahaha
yeah i read that crap too...

love to all!

Ruela said...

yes, CRAP!!!

Russell CJ Duffy said...

I removed that shit as I found it offensive.