Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Dec 2008

December ... Where has this year gone?

Some great postings on Discharge of late, in my opinion. I'm personally feeling very energised by what I've seen, read and heard. We are by no means biding our time until D5.

Thanks to Aaron for transferring lots to the myspace.

It remains only to say ... here's to the future. So bright.

With love & best wishes,

Anthony

58 comments:

Russell CJ Duffy said...

Yep, The Yuletide is nearly here; may you all get the things that you most need.

Thanks again should go, and I'm sure you'll all agree, to Anthony for doing such a great job here.
Also, To Aaron and Robert for keeping the flames burning at the myspace site.
Also, to Ruela for designing such a fantastic look to D5.
The chapbook one is coming on nicely. Fingers crossed it will be ready approx mid-January. Again, Ruela needs special thanks as he is helping me to design the look.
Love 'n stuff to all my erstwhile friends. Thanks for making this site such a great one. It is a pleasure to work with you all.
x

Ruela said...

Thanks cj.



D5 is ready to go.

Lazare said...

but it doesn't work well on firefox...

Anonymous said...

oh and repeat the bg
so it comes along with wide displays.

Ruela said...

Lazare


just saw it now

what a mess ;(

works good at Internet Explorer!



Don't know what to do about it...

Ruela said...

With my blogue it's the same...Firefox changes link colours...and some stuff doesn't work.


Firefox is a shit ;)

murmurists said...

I use Firefox and find it better than IE7. But there are such inconsistencies, yes. I didn't know whether the D5 pag was meant to have clashing colours and text, etc. It's hard to know what to suggest to fix the situation. Lots of people do use Firefox; so I suppose we'll have to sort if we want the blog to look how we intend. I'm dumb with such things. So no use. Thanks for all your hard work, though, Ruela.

Anthony

Russell CJ Duffy said...

I certainly liked it but not sure of the comments section as I can't read it.

Anonymous said...

lol, also crying...
now the browser fight (since mid nineties) comes back to us poor artists...

navigator (mozilla engine) and iE (microsoft) had a stupid act over
making plain rules to follow (as for W3C) to separate design from the coding which would make site load faster and all the good stuff for us end-/users,
but microsoft never followed these easy things to make things easier so,- here we are with incompatible crap browsers, however it's slowly getting better since most NEW sites try to use CSS and other actually simple techniques to make the web more useful also for people with impaired eyes... bla bla but good to know if we want to code a site which works for mostly all of us.

dear Ruela,
you may send me the code if you like,
so i can help you to investigate the issue causing this trouble for this page.

much love to all,
jaan

Anonymous said...

oh and yes all, please try to use firefox,
first of all it's OPEN SOURCE which means
anyone could make it better if it craps out,
well of course that's not everybody's thingy...
(not mine, coding & bugfixing & all that stuff) ; )

...it's a safer browser regarding all the issues
one can encounter using the web,
for a microsoft system as for xp and worse vista
this IExplorer is like a tunnel to walk right in

so firefox- you bet is better
not of much ideology it technical stuff.

ok i shut ; )

Anonymous said...

oh and, i used the word fight,
no serious here for us/you, i was cynically playing about those actually political steps microsoft would walk and force back starting at that time, the web would be much more useful if they wouldn't have incorporated it all, well well well same 'ol same 'ol

OK, really just read about the compatibility problem
and want to help that's in fact all, i just came home from work at school with those motoRs of future
so i was cycling my spins at this comment box; gurp

love to all you fukin frieks, ey what you say_! :)

Ruela said...

Thanks Jaan

I saw your comment
after a change on D5


now works on both... IE and Firefox


but have to change the background.



Tell me

do you want the first or the second?


I think the second version is better...


but if you want the first I send it

to Jaan...

Ruela said...

oh! this is for all.



The first or the second?

Ruela said...

Jaan

the problem was the Javascripts
they are incompatible and some code images too.

TICTAC said...

RUELA,
regarding your question about first or second...
I am adicted to colours, nothing I can do about it...but I think the second suits more the whole philosophy of discharge.
Anyways I am the most technology ignorant around...I just didn't want to leave your question unanswered.
And also a big thank you for the brilliant work you are doing!!!

Ruela said...

Thanks Tic Tac


Have to agree
the second is Discharge...(the Dark Discharge).

Ruela said...

...and Tic Tac

you are not a ignorant...all we need is some time to do these things...

Aaron Held said...

I really like the second, they both fit discharge but I personally would go for a more simple background like the second one. the first was really growing on me but i really like the look of the second.

any chance you getting your latest image on there, that dark angel one that was sweet. haha

Anonymous said...

Alright Ruela, glad you found the culprit!
Wish you all the perfect start!

love!

Anonymous said...

thanks CJ, -
i bow¬

TICTAC said...

CJ

Thank you CJ for the support throughout this beautiful adventure d4 has been...and the good wishes that I reciprocate.

I'd like to take the chance to congratulate Aaron, Robert, Ruela and Anthony for the great work...and wish all dischargers a happy festive season and an even greater d5!!

besos

Ruela said...

ok aaron

Dark Angel:
Kensal Green Cemetery, London
the british Père Lachaise!

Anonymous said...

thank you TIC TAC¬
for you same pleasures!!!

Ruela said...

Thank you Tic Tac




and Jaan & aaron.

Aaron Held said...

I really like that new image as the background nice job ruela, in my opinion it looks spectacular!

Ruela said...

3rd version ;)

murmurists said...

Thanks for all this great work. Such a great bunch of people. I appreciate the appreciation offered in my direction, too.

Dicharge is dark, for sure. The darker the better, in my view! Ha. But we are all comedians, too, I think.

Love and best wishes to each every one of you.

Anthony x

Anonymous said...

Just this second i created the facebook site, theres nothing there offcourse but anyone who has a facebook account can add this as a friend, we can all fill this too, anyone can be an admin which means we all can post...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/discharge-5/39560442247

Anonymous said...

oh!,.-
dark and yeah comedians of light!!!

Ruela said...

Cool Jaan!

Anonymous said...

http://www.myspace.com/fishyartsandwords

Lazare said...

But I mind you, my friends, that we don't really need a new myspace for D5. The current myspace is for Discharge as such, no need to number.
The blog series is a c.j. idea, splitting the thing for whatever reasons, but discharge is one thing, isn't it. The current myspace is not called "discharge 4", just plain discharge. And I think that's how it should be, I think we should stick with that. Any opinions?

By the way, the layout of the new blog is gorgeous and it does work well on my firefox and IE. So, fantastic. It's just around the corner, when we move on to that, and feels very inspiring. Great job, Ruela.

And cheers to the team!

Ruela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ruela said...

I have to agree to Lazare, because it's going to be confused to visitors visiting them and distinguish d4 and d5, since d4 goes to finish, the solution is changing the background image and for the future the same thing...



Thanks Lazare.

Aaron Held said...

Yeah unless we want a new separate my space I suggest when the time comes to update the looks to what we want on the myspace we got, jaan if you want to go in do this ask one of us if you don't have the password.

Ruela said...

Jaan as a cool idea


myspace Dark Angels

Russell CJ Duffy said...

The discharge series was a CJ idea. most likely because it gives a 'new start' feel which should inject fresh ideas and passions.

Lazare is right in that I don't think we need to have a new myspace site as the existing one can be altered as Ruela, Aaron, Jaan or whoever want.

I love the latest, DARK, version of D5. It looks WICKED (in every sense of the word).

So good to see you guys taking the 'beast' onto new things.

the chapbook 'Be Serpentine The Hyde' is happening. I have started the initial designs and will call on Ruela for more help. . .

Ruela said...

Ok Cj

Send me by mail your ideas...
I will do my best to help you.

Anonymous said...

ok i just changed the name to dark angels, well now we have found a use for it, even if useless,
but no, on the other side it can help spreading the word! hehehe yes spread the wings dings und so

love d5

Anonymous said...

aaRon, sorry didn't follow up correctly,
i have the password to d4 from cj a while back, but i was aware you and Robert are taking care so i respect that to not fiddle around too much, ...
but i can pick up bloggin etc from time to time to when you're on turkey...

lazaRe was right absolutely and i felt a bit darn twisted through time for being so fast on this, but i just love doing, you see that's my job, also from which i came home just now, those hyperactive childRen of we_do_it refresh my thread everyday
as the son of doing... ; )

well hope you like it by the name dark angels
as homage to the founders and those that always kept it going, to me this is only history!
so i'm under your spell,- Right¿¡

love you all!

Ruela said...

Many thanks Jaan!

Aaron Held said...

jaan you can help out as much as you want I was asking if you could help us out on the current myspace make it look all nice, your good at that. I hardly know the stuff I learn as I go. I could see it as a combined effort of Robert adding tons of friends and getting new people to the site also good with communicating with other which i suck at, you could fiddle with the design looks of the site, and the blog portion of the site, and i could just keep it updated while others can jump in freely and do as they like to help out if were not around.

Anonymous said...

please, if anyone need and or wants the passwords etc... just email me, it's all open for sure!

Russell CJ Duffy said...

As of today, 22nd December 2008, I have deleted all but three of us from D4 which will conclude on December 31st.
I thought that with the Yuletide coming up, we will all be rather busy with our families and the festivities and won't want to be caught blogging during that period.
Anyone who wants to can now post on D%, although it might be better if we all save our work and pre-date it as Jan 2009.

Have a great Christmas all of you!
xx

Ruela said...

Thanks Cj


Merry Xmas.

Russell CJ Duffy said...

Firstly Welcome Kane.

Also, on another note, D4 now is grinding to a close and virtually all the team have been deleted. Over the next few days all but one will go as they are now all on D5.
I did this without consoltation and it suddenly occured to me, after the event, that perhaps I should have asked before doing that. Sorry if this has caused any concern or made anyone cross. I simply followed the same route that I have always taken with previous discharge's. If anyone feels that they want to have access to D4 then please let me know and I will send out an invite and you can rejoin. The only thing I would say though, and I hope this is by mutual consent, is that D4 will officially close as of December 31st 2008.

Again, love 'n stuff to all my mates and muckers here on discharge. Have a great Yuletide!
x

Ruela said...

we still have myspace blogue for this...

Ruela said...

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=285769154

Aaron Held said...

Time passes so quickly!

Lazare said...

it's ok, cj. i realised what you were doing, even if i was for a moment surprised when i saw i was no longer a d4 contributor. i think december would have been a heavier month if you had waited a bit more, that maybe the folks would have liked to unleash a last rush of postings at the 11th hour, but we'll save our efforts for D5.

doriandra's latest would be a hell of a final posting for discharge 4. terrific, actually. then just a link to D5. but please don't use those bullshit multilanguage translations, they're embarrassing.

best to all.

Ruela said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009

Russell CJ Duffy said...

Lazare>>>What ever I may be guilty of, and I am guilty of many things including being overly soft of heart (and head) a bit too prickly at times; a little too sentimental to be tré cool; sometimes to quick and fast in my judgements but bullshit?
Laz, old mate, old mucker, I do NOT do bullshit.
I can fully understand you not liking my final post (in point of fact Doriandra's is THE last post on D4 with my follow up a bit like the ending on Abbey Road - a footnote) but bullshit?
C'mon now, I never run down anyones efforts here. It is up to the individual to post what the hell they want. That 'rule' includes me and I will post just what the hell I want. The muli-language bit remains as I believe the discharge series to be multi-national. All I was trying to do was to broaden our scope.
I repeat, you may not like what I have done but that does not make it bullshit.

I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A FANTASTIC 2009!
X

Lazare said...

C.J. - I never meant to offend you. I'm deeply sorry. And of course I never meant to diminish your work in any way. You should know by now that I admire it. And of course you should post what the hell you want, that's obviously been the Discharge ethos, which I partake.

What I did mean is that the translations themselves are crap. I am a Spanish speaker, as you know, and believe me, that "translation" is NOT Spanish, it isn't a valid translation of the English text in any way. I think that far from attracting Spanish readers to our work it would do it a disservice, and only make Spanish readers feel uneasy, as I did. I think the translations to other languages are equally faulty. Translating devices don't translate: we even devoted a blog to that.

I share your interest in "broadening our scope", as you say, but I don't think that philological aberrations are the best way to achieve that. I suggest we should stick to English as a "lingua franca".

I hope I've made my point and that you'll accept my apologies.

I am not a "mucker".

Best wishes to all.

Russell CJ Duffy said...

Lazousillolddod


Laz>>>You silly old sod, you have not upset me. A mucker, in London cockney, is a friend, a mate, a pal.

Lazare said...

Then I certainly am. I had to check out on dictionary.com - mucker –noun
1. Slang. a vulgar, illbred person.
2. Informal. a person who often does or says the wrong thing; bungler.
3. (esp. in mining) a person who removes muck.
and well, I don't think those fit me (although 3... maybe sometimes 2 too... but neverever 1).
You cockney people! Fanciest of parlances.

Happy new year - see you on D5.

doriandra said...

you guys are great keeping the verbal whirlwinds going strong!
glad to have been able to close out D4- and Ruela, the D5 layout is so beautiful, stunning.
happy new year to you all..

Ruela said...

Thanks Doriandra.



Happy new year.

Russell CJ Duffy said...

Happy New Year to all!
xx